Time for another update. Did you think I had perished? Maybe I did, a little…
Category: Game Development
Finally a little forward progress.
A minor setback, but not without forward progress.
A little more data handling, but I felt a little uninspired.
Slightly more code this week than last, but still a slow crawl to the starting line. ☑ Room Data Structure – This ended up being sort of silly. Each screen worth of data is just a Struct with: Seriously though, that’s all it is (with a few get and set methods to translate the 1D […]
The Goal First thing’s first, a good question might be, “What is the point of all this mucking around with neuroscience?” It ends up being a fairly complex answer, but it points back to one of the core elements of Protobug. Artificial Intelligence and its role in adaptive and emergent behaviors. In the realm of […]
The second weekly post. Less done this week than I’m proud of, but I’ve spent most of it researching!
My Previous Solution I think the best place to start is what I did with the previous incarnation of ‘Bug. At its most basic the actors used a straightforward locally-generated A* path each timestep they were required to moved. They would calculate the entire path, and then move one step but caching the remainder. A […]
The first weekly update post. Mostly about the rendering system!
So I went silent, as I have before. However, unlike preceding episodes of hiatus, there is a light at the conclusion of this proverbial tunnel. I came to recognize the need to work on myself: how I approach my craft, and even moreso my habits. In the past, when confronted with challenge or fatigue, I […]