Finally a little forward progress.
State of the Bug (April 4)
A minor setback, but not without forward progress.
State of the Bug (March 28)
A little more data handling, but I felt a little uninspired.
State of the Bug (March 20)
Slightly more code this week than last, but still a slow crawl to the starting line. ☑ Room Data Structure – This ended up being sort of silly. Each screen worth of data is just a Struct with: Seriously though, that’s all it is (with a few get and set methods to translate the 1D […]
The Thinking Bug (1)
The Goal First thing’s first, a good question might be, “What is the point of all this mucking around with neuroscience?” It ends up being a fairly complex answer, but it points back to one of the core elements of Protobug. Artificial Intelligence and its role in adaptive and emergent behaviors. In the realm of […]
State of the Bug (March 14)
The second weekly post. Less done this week than I’m proud of, but I’ve spent most of it researching!
On Pathfinding (1)
My Previous Solution I think the best place to start is what I did with the previous incarnation of ‘Bug. At its most basic the actors used a straightforward locally-generated A* path each timestep they were required to moved. They would calculate the entire path, and then move one step but caching the remainder. A […]
State of the Bug (March 7)
The first weekly update post. Mostly about the rendering system!